how do I install Tlc/tk?
Posted by lilith (lilith), 25 May 2005Hi all,
I suppose you all are gonna say that the read files explain what it has to be done in order to install it...but I have done and i haven't managed yet.
Is there a guide for dafts or similar which I can use in order to install this program?? if there is please let me know, (because, i couldn't find it), or if any can guide me through, i will be more than happy to make public my thoughts, so you will know what on earth im doing.
(Note: PC running windows xp)
Posted by admin (Graham Ellis), 25 May 20051. Go to the ActiveState web site, Tcl download page ActiveState (Link here)
2. Double click on the Link to give you a download for Windows and save to disc
3. Within Microsoft Windows, double click on the icon for the fil eyou've just downloaded and it will install the software. There are one or two options, I recall ... the defaults give a sensible set of defaults so you don't need to make any complicated entrys
Posted by lilith (lilith), 26 May 2005Hi again,
Thanks for the info... I have installed now but, How do I launch it?
I would like to do a tutorial i found at(http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Publications/Cookbook/gs.html) but i don't know where I have to type, or how to compile...
I have just started programming in java (i use the javaIDE, which is very simple to use)
Posted by admin (Graham Ellis), 26 May 2005You've no need to compile Tcl - it's a scripting language which means that it's intepretted straight from the "English-like" text
1. Edit a file (notepad or wordpad will do) and place the following in it:
button .demo -text hello -command exit
2. save it to a file name of your choice with a .tcl extension. Make sure you save AS PLAIN TEXT and WITHOUT an additional .txt extension
3. Double click on the icon for the file and it will run ... you'll get a new window with a button labellerd "hello" which will go away when you click on it.
Posted by lilith (lilith), 26 May 2005Thanks a lot Graham !!!
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 899360 • EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho