Training, Open Source computer languages
PerlPHPPythonMySQLApache / TomcatTclRubyJavaC and C++LinuxCSS 
Search for:
Home Accessibility Courses Diary The Mouth Forum Resources Site Map About Us Contact
 
This week, we're updating our course layouts and descriptions. Presentation and materials always gently change over time, but just occasionally there's a need to make a step change to clear out some of the old and roll in the new. That's now happening - but over a long and complex site it's not instant and you'll see sections of the site changing up to and including 19th September.

See also [here] for status update
 
Can I combine Expect and Tk

Posted by enquirer (enquirer), 1 December 2002
I want to use both a GUI and the process control of Expect in the same script. Can I do so?

Posted by admin (Graham Ellis), 1 December 2002
Yes, you can.   Look for the executable "expectk"; this includes both the Tk GUI, and the expect extensions to Tcl.

Expect is one of those "hidden secrets" of Tcl .... it's probably the prime reason for about 20% of Tcl users coming to Tcl in the first place, and most of the other 80% really don't know of it until it's pointed out to them.  There's really only one book on Expect - "Exploring Expect" by Don LIbes, who wrote Expect in the first place, and you'd think that it's out of date if you look at its publication date.  Let me assure you that it's not!  Expect admirably does what it's written to do and is a good stable piece of software that doesn't need a constant series of updates and releases  



This page is a thread posted to the opentalk forum at www.opentalk.org.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.

You can Add a comment or ranking to this page

© WELL HOUSE CONSULTANTS LTD., 2014: Well House Manor • 48 Spa Road • Melksham, Wiltshire • United Kingdom • SN12 7NY
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 899360 • EMAIL: info@wellho.net • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho