Using expect between Unix and Windows
Posted by yateenjoshi (yateenjoshi), 29 August 2005Hi,
This is my first message to this forum, so feeling very enthu about it.
Here it goes -
Why I am doing is -
1. Using expect to spawn a telnet session from linux machine to a windows 2000 professional.
2. Then create a drive using net use * command.
3. Then send certain commands to windows like copy files etc.
4. Send exit command to windows.
There are two problems that I am facing here.
1. The output of the commands shows some garbage along with regular output.
2. Sometimes (not always), initial chars of the commands are 'eaten' !! e.g. I send exit command, but to windows it reaches as xit only and the 'e' is missing, this causes the failure.
Any idea how to resolve this?
Thanks in advance,
Yateen V. Joshi
Posted by neo (The Architect), 29 August 2005Let us have a look at the script.
Posted by admin (Graham Ellis), 29 August 20051. I suspect that your Linux session is sending information too fast for the windows box and you need to use a delay of some sort; look at things like the after command and the -h and -s options to send.
2. I also think that you may be getting terminal formatting sequences. "The Architect" reported that he had this problem on 14th June and posted a post with a subject line starting "Garbage characters ...." .... have a look back at that and I think it should help.
Other Forum Posts
Follow us on ...
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 793803 • EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho