If you're coming to Melksham on a public training course at Well House
we'll post you a full set of joining instructions as soon as your booking is
confirmed. If yours is a last minute booking, or the original paperwork has got
lost in your organisation, don't worry - these pages contain all the information you'll
- How do I find you?
- We're in a big old Edwardian building five minutes walk from the town
centre at Melksham, Wiltshire - about 100
miles to the West of London. There's a separate page that includes
a map and directions - it also tells you about the trains and buses. We have
a map showing a
wider area too, and a .pdf download showing what's
where in Melksham.
- What time does the course start?
- Usually at 09:30 on the first morning, and 08:45 each following day.
We run (formally) to 17:15
each day, and finish around 16:15 on the final day. If you arrive early, please come on in
anyway - there's always coffee and soft drinks available, and the day's paper to read. If
you've brought your own laptop, arriving early also gives you
an excellent opprotunity to set it up on our network.
- Do I need to do anything before the course?
- Not usually - just arrive fresh and ready to learn! But note:
• If you'll be arriving in Melksham by train please let us know and we'll collect
you from the station - there isn't a taxi rank or phone there.
you have restrictions as to what you eat please tell us ahead of time or we
might not be able to provide an appropriate lunch on the first day.
• Do you have an operating system preference for your
training machine? Alert us ahead of time, and we can reserve you a machine
running Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X or Linux.
- What should I bring with me??
- All you need is yourself - we provide the rest - but consider
• If you bring some sample data for your application and/or code you'll be taking over, the
tutor can review the code with you and set practicals which are very much in tune with what
you'll actually be doing.
• Give some thought to applications you'll be writing / work you'll be doing, and bring
those thoughts and supporting material - again, that helps us make the course more relevant
• You are very welcome to use your own laptop during the course - either in place of or
in addition to the one we'll provide for you.
- Where can I stay locally?
- We offer accommodation at the training centre and we strongly
recommend that you stay with us. Our rooms are all ensuite, with internet
access and plenty of desk space. Our library will be available for you to
use overnight, and you'll be staying at the same place as other delegates,
rather than being on your own at some other hotel. Accommodation is usually
included in your course booking, with most delegates arriving the evening
before their course and leaving directly after the course has concluded.
We do have an alternative accommodation list
available as a .pdf file)
details a further fifty places you can stay and this can
help you with less frequent requirements (ranging from camp
grounds through self catering to luxury establishments) - please ask.
This information is provided as a service; it's up to you to make your
booking and check that the place selected meets your needs.
- What's your dress code?
- We're pretty informal, but we've included this paragraph here because we're asked from time to time. Typically, dress
is "smart casual", but some employers ask their staff to dress more formally when they're meeting people as representatives
of their organisation.
- Are there local gym facilities?
- Just because you're out of town on a training course, doesn't mean you have
to put your lifestyle on hold. We work closely in conjunction with
Melksham Blue Pool
to be able to offer sports leisure facilities before or after your
training day with us. From swimming laps to jogging on treadmills and
lifting weights, bring your bathing suit and/or workout clothes and ask us
for further details.
If you want to make the very best of your course, we've got further advice
available ... some suggestions that aren't all vital, but you may wish to follow.
Please select this link
to the main Well House Consultants home page.