For 2021 - online Python 3 training - see ((here)).
Our plans were to retire in summer 2020 and see the world, but Coronavirus has lead us into a lot of lockdown programming in Python 3 and PHP 7.
We can now offer tailored online training - small groups, real tutors - works really well for groups of 4 to 14 delegates. Anywhere in the world; course language English.
Please ask about private 'maintenance' training for Python 2, Tcl, Perl, PHP, Lua, etc.
Well House Consultants - Course Joining Instructions
If you're coming to Melksham on a public training course at Well House
we'll post you a full set of joining instructions as soon as your booking is
confirmed. If yours is a last minute booking, or the original paperwork has got
lost in your organisation, don't worry - these pages contain all the information you'll
- How do I find you?
- We're in a big old Edwardian building five minutes walk from the town
centre at Melksham, Wiltshire - about 100
miles to the West of London. There's a separate page that includes
a map and directions - it also tells you about the trains and buses. We have
a map showing a
wider area too, and a .pdf download showing what's
where in Melksham.
- What time does the course start?
- Usually at 09:30 on the first morning, and 08:45 each following day.
We run (formally) to 17:15
each day, and finish around 16:15 on the final day. If you arrive early, please come on in
anyway - there's always coffee and soft drinks available, and the day's paper to read. If
you've brought your own laptop, arriving early also gives you
an excellent opprotunity to set it up on our network.
- Do I need to do anything before the course?
- Not usually - just arrive fresh and ready to learn! But note:
• If you'll be arriving in Melksham by train please let us know and we'll collect
you from the station - there isn't a taxi rank or phone there.
you have restrictions as to what you eat please tell us ahead of time or we
might not be able to provide an appropriate lunch on the first day.
• Do you have an operating system preference for your
training machine? Alert us ahead of time, and we can reserve you a machine
running Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X or Linux.
- What should I bring with me??
- All you need is yourself - we provide the rest - but consider
• If you bring some sample data for your application and/or code you'll be taking over, the
tutor can review the code with you and set practicals which are very much in tune with what
you'll actually be doing.
• Give some thought to applications you'll be writing / work you'll be doing, and bring
those thoughts and supporting material - again, that helps us make the course more relevant
• You are very welcome to use your own laptop during the course - either in place of or
in addition to the one we'll provide for you.
- Where can I stay locally?
We have an accommodation list available on request - better
though to look online these days for what you need. There is
a wide range available locally, much of it many steps forward
from what was available even a few years ago. Ask is you
would like suggestions.
- What's your dress code?
- We're pretty informal, but we've included this paragraph here because we're asked from time to time. Typically, dress
is "smart casual", but some employers ask their staff to dress more formally when they're meeting people as representatives
of their organisation.
- Are there local gym facilities?
- Just because you're out of town on a training course, doesn't mean you have
to put your lifestyle on hold. We work closely in conjunction with
Melksham Blue Pool
to be able to offer sports leisure facilities before or after your
training day with us. From swimming laps to jogging on treadmills and
lifting weights, bring your bathing suit and/or workout clothes and ask us
for further details.
If you want to make the very best of your course, we've got further advice
available ... some suggestions that aren't all vital, but you may wish to follow.
Please select this link
to the main Well House Consultants home page.