We're a small company, aiming to provide excellent training in niche areas such as Python, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Tcl/Tk and others you'll find described elsewhere on this site. We're set up to handle bookings taken directly from trainees or their employers, and we encourage such direct business.
As we are small, we can't do everything. There will be times that our product only provides part of what potential clients need. If you are a supplier of appropriate extra services, we welcome the opportunity to work with you to provide a training solution that suits the end-client's
needs, to everyone's mutual benefit.
Here are some areas where we'll work with you:
- Course tailoring to your application
- Some of our clients embed an open source language (particularly Tcl, but also Perl, Python and PHP) in their own software product to allow the end-user organisations to tailor their product. We are well equipped to suit our training to specific needs, with descriptions of how the parts of the language relate to how they're used and applied in your particular instance included in the notes. No charge is made for any extra tailoring we do in these circumstances above and beyond our norm, since we regard this as an investment in working with you to provide training that's second to none.
- Provision of accommodation- and travel-inclusive packages
- Our public courses run in Melksham, Wiltshire. It's up to the trainees to make their own arrangements to travel here as well as their own hotel plans. We provide an accommodation list and can suggest other places if the client has a specific requirement. We collect and drop off trainees from and to the local airport or train station. We don't have the size nor the resources to be a travel agent as well, but we'll happily work with organisations who provide a complete
- Offering extended credit terms
- We accept payment by cheque, credit card, BACS transfer and cash. We ask for payment on the first day of a course and, at our discression, we'll offer 28 days' credit to well known and established organisations. If you provide a "value added" service that allows your clients to pay you later (perhaps you offer training loans?), we'll welcome your assistance in enablling them to attend our courses.
- Provision of many different courses on a single contract or booking
- Our training is "niche", and often a huge organisation has only one or two people that need (say) Tcl training. They'll have other niche requirements too, which will be offered by another niche supplier, and the whole thing will turn into an organisational mammouth for them. If you're a company that consolidates a number of niche requirements for a single client, you're very welcome to book clients onto our courses. Please do note that we require access to a technical contact at the end-user organisation from the time that the booking is made so that we can ensure that the course on offer is appropriate for the trainee, right through to providing after-class backup.
- Linking the needs of several clients and your own staff
- If you build one of the languages we teach into your product, or if you're a specialist in a particular market niche, you may have a number of clients (and perhaps your own staff too) who require a tailored course on the same subject at the same time. We're quite happy to work with you on this -- course to run at our place, or yours, or on your customer site.
- Grant and Visa Applications
- If you provide an administration service (such as helping people apply for EU, Reginal Development or new career grants, or visas to enter the UK from overseas to attend bona fide training courses) you can place people on our courses. We'll provide you with course descriptions, booking confirmations, local hotel list and joining details. You would take care of the rest and charge your client an appropriate fee for the extra service.
Courses are in English, and trainees on public courses must be fluent in the language. We can not allow the poor English of one trainee to reduce the value of the course for others.
Our prices are 30 to 40 percent lower than the industry norm, so you'll find that even after adding your charges, your client will be paying less for a course than he would expect to pay for a place. You'll appreciate that at the very low rates we charge, we can't offer you (the third party) a discount. Further details of our pricing policy
are available if you wish to read further, and you've very welcome to copy both this page and the further details page to your clients.