Getting the best from a course
You're investing in training. Excellent. Let us help you make the most of it. This page gives you a few tips about preparation for your course which may sound obvious once they're pointed out.
FOR ALL TRAINEES• Allow time to arrive and be ready for the course start time
• Arrive well-rested and ready to learn a great deal in a short time
• Don't forget breakfast
• Tell colleagues and your boss that you'll not be available during training
• Set your email auto-responder to tell people you're out of the office
• Switch off your mobile phone
• Allow time for practising you new skills after the course
...ON A PUBLIC COURSE• Travel to Melksham the day before the course, so that you can start fresh
• We suggest that delegates stay over unless they live within 30 miles.
• Stay at Well House Manor so you'll be in the same place as the other delegates, and have internet access, library, etc available to you throughout your stay.
• Let us know if you would like a lift from the local station
• Let us know if you would like us to book you a taxi from the airport
• We encourage you to bring you own data for tailored practicals
• We encourage you to bring your laptop if you prefer to use it to one of ours
• Let us know if you prefer a Windows, Linux or Mac OS X system for use during the course.
WHEN WE ARE RUNNING A PRIVATE COURSE• Ensure that the delgates won't be interrupted, if possible
• Allow time for any urgent regular work you must do (schedule can be adjusted)
• Provide a training room that's well ventilated and doesn't overheat
• Provide a room to which access isn't constantly needed by others
• Allow plenty of table space per trainee and for the trainer (at least 1 metre per person recommended)
• Provide a chair for each trainee (and one for the tutor please)
• Let us know ahead of time if you can't provide a whiteboard or flipchart
• The tutor will appreciate easy access and a car parking space, at least on the first and last day when he's (un)loading computers, books and all the other gear needed to run a course.
All of these things are in YOUR interest and will help YOU and your staff make the most of the training.
At Well House Consultants, we present courses most weeks. We're well placed to spot customers who, although they're 100% satisfied with the course, could have gained so much more if they had given attention to the above.
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 899360 • EMAIL: email@example.com • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho