Score 1 point for each correct answer (answers are highlighted). That makes a maximum score of 55.
10 Great Cities
Can you identify the city?
1. From the Eye, you can see the river snaking through the city: London
2. Get around with Orange, Yellow, Red, Green and Blue: Washington DC
3. Departure point for the Pilgrim Fathers: Plymouth
4. Powell / Hyde: San Francisco
5. City of Origin of the Beatles: Liverpool
6. Catch the Ferry to Ward's Island or Hanlan's Point: Toronto
7. European City of Culture, 1990: Glasgow 8. The first settler in the area arrived in 1841, and you can see a replica of his cabin: Dallas
9. Seat of Government, greatest coal exporting port in 1913: Cardiff
10. A city with railway stations named after 20th Century civil war heroes: Dublin
9 Major Roads
Can you place the other end of these roads?
A1 - London to: Edinburgh
A2 - London to: Dover
A3 - London to: Portsmouth
A4 - London to: Avonmouth (or Bristol)
A5 - London to: Holyhead
A6 - London (or St. Albans) to: Carlisle
A7 - Edinburgh to: Carlisle
A8 - Edinburgh to: Greenock (or Glasgow)
A9 - Edinburgh to: Thurso (or "The Far North")
8 Airlines Codes
Can you name there airlines, all of who provide UK to USA services?
AA American Airlines
BA British Airways
VS Virgin Atlantic
NW North West
US US Air
AI Air India
7 London Stations
Can you name the station in London you'll arrive at
From Norwich Liverpool Street
From Liverpool Euston
From Bristol Paddington
From Portsmouth Waterloo
From Brighton Victoria (London Bridge is also an acceptable answer)
From Edinburgh King's Cross
From Leicester St Pancras
6 Airport codes
Can you the cities these airports serve?
LAX Los Angeles
JFK New York
IAD Washington DC
5 Legal ways to enter the UK
1. As a citizen of the EU
2. As a visitor on Visa waiver from a designated country
3. With a current and correct Visa
4. As a member of foreign armed forces invited by the Government
4. Countries of the United Kingdom
4. Northern Ireland
3. Parts to the UK driving test
2. Main desitnations in Europe for Eurostar:
In France: Paris
In Belgium: Brussels
1. And a UK Yankee Web Mistress we all owe a huge thanks for this site!
About Your Score:
Score up to 20. You're a homelover who doesn't travel much, or just sees travel as a way to get from (a) to (b)
Score from 21 to 30. You know a bit about travel, but you've still got a few things to learn before you can travel without a map and directions
Score from 31 to 40. Either you study, or you watch where you're going and learn as you travel. You probably enjoy the journey just as you enjoy getting there.
Score from 41 to 50. A seasoned traveller; drop you in an unknown airport or at an unknown railway station, and I'm confident you would get home.
Score 51 or more. Every thought of becoming a travel agent or advisor??
Now - return to the Quiz page at UK-Yankee and tell us how you got along!
PH: 01225 708225 • FAX: 01225 793803 • EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho