"When you're advertising your hotel, DON'T list out all the features such as the fact that all rooms are en-suite - people EXPECT that as standard these days"
so came the recent advise from a marketing guru. He's probably right ... so I'm going to tell you today what's different about Well House Manor
, and there IS plenty to tell you about.
Well House Manor is, without apology, a hotel for business travellers
. Lisa and Graham Ellis, pictured either side of this text, have travelled a great deal on business, know what they need, and aim to provide it. They've also been running Well House Consultants
- a business that welcomes many business visitors to Melksham each month - for a number of years, and have been listening to what their customers are looking for on top of the standard.
What's different at Well House Manor?
• All bedrooms have wired and wireless Internet access available without additional charge, and without bandwidth limits.
• A public access computer is available for use if you haven't brought your own laptop, and a monochrome laser network printer / copier is provided too.
• All bedrooms are equipped with large (26") flat screen TVs, with all freeview channels available. TVs have an SVGA adaptor fitted so that you can use the big screen on your laptop if you wish.
• As well as a hospitablity tray in each room, we provide a real coffee machine that's available for general use in the lounge, 24 hours a day. Press the button, and it grinds the beans ...
• Early breakfast is available - even at the weekend. If you need to catch the first train to London, we'll even offer you a complimentary lift to the station. We know how a full cooked breakfast is often too much for the businessman, so we've opted to provide a high quality continental breakfast instead.
• All bedrooms are provided with an empty mini-fridge and a laptop computer safe for you use during your stay.
• We ENCOURAGE our guests to eat out in Melksham in the evening, or to bring their own food in if they prefer from one of the many takeaways. A microwave over, knives and forks, plates and glasses are all provided for your use in our "Whitworth" dining room.
• Well House Manor is set in 3/4 acre of secluded grounds - it's intended to be a quiet "office away from the office" and "home from home" for our visitors. To help ensure a quiet environment we do not provide a bar, but you are very welcome to bring in your own drinks from the offlicense that's just 3 doors up the road.
• We include all the faciities we've listed in our room rate - there's no extras for this and extras for that, which means that you can pay on arrival and simply drop off your keycard when you leave.
If you like what you read and you want to stay, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) or call us on 01225 709638. We're offering rooms at an introductory 60 pounds per night from our imminent opening through to the end of the year. On line booking will be available from January 2007.
If you would like to read more, you can "knife and fork" through details on our Well House Manor FAQ (written 2006-08-24, updated 2006-08-30)
Associated topics are indexed as below, or enter http://melksh.am/nnnn for individual articlesM101 - Well House Manor - Business Accommodation in Melksham 
PC Plod - alive and scaremongering in Wiltshire? - (2016-01-04) 
Happy New Year. Our customers are our ambassadors - (2016-01-01) 
A warm welcome awaits you at Well House Manor, Melksham - (2015-11-02) 
Early morning - welcoming business and leisure guests to Melksham - (2013-07-10) 
New guest ... becoming returning guest - (2013-02-15) 
Four in a Bed comes to Melksham tonight - (2013-01-09) 
Where do businessmen stay in Melksham? - (2011-08-25) 
Hotel and Training Course prices - the effect of the VAT rise on 4th January 2011 - (2010-12-26) 
Customer Review - Hotel Room, Melksham - (2010-10-03) 
Well House - the pictures - (2010-08-16) 
Chancellor George Osborne inspires Perl Program - (2010-06-22) 
Snow scenes - and how snow effected our business - (2010-01-16) 
Happy new decade - and course and hotel prices for 2010 - (2010-01-01) 
Carry on Training - in spite of the weather - (2009-02-03) 
2009 - Hotel, Meeting, Training Course prices - (2008-12-07) 
Melksham Hotel Rates - (2008-11-25) 
Which is your best hotel room? - (2008-10-07) 
We love children ... but our hotel is not going to be their scene - (2008-09-24) 
Hotel room prices - Melksham, Wiltshire - (2008-08-11) 
Training Course and Business Conference Technology - (2008-07-07) 
A warm welcome for visitors from the USA - (2008-06-14) 
Terms and Conditions - Hotel, England - plain English - (2008-01-26) 
Well House Manor - feature comparison against the old place! - (2007-08-24) 
Grand Central Station - (2007-04-27) 
Playing old games - (2007-02-22) 
Wilts and Berks - two conference / training rooms in Melksham - (2007-02-14) 
Three sets of twins - (2007-01-31) 
Well House Manor and Beechfield House, Hotels, Melksham - (2006-12-29) 
George Hotel and Well House Manor, Melksham - (2006-12-04) 
Training rooms to learn Open Source programming - (2006-11-15) 
Brand new hotel and training centre, Melksham - (2006-10-22) 
Opening approaches! - (2006-10-08) 
Hotel Exchange Rates - (2006-09-21) 
Strikingly busy - (2006-09-06) 
Hotel Technology Requirements - (2006-05-24) 
Residential - (2006-05-15) 
A customer service company - (2006-05-11)M350 - Well House Manor - project diary 
A year of changes for Lisa and Graham Ellis, and Well House - (2017-05-27) 
A course is not just for a year - its for a career - (2013-02-20) 
Expecting nothing, but prepared for anything - (2013-01-05) 
National TV - Melksham - 9th January 2013, Pre-alert. - (2012-12-27) 
The Accidental Hotelier - (2012-08-24) 
Keeping our hotel looking like new, by using our gained experience - (2012-03-09) 
The changing Hotel and Bed and Breakfast business in Melksham - (2012-01-18) 
Well House Manor - the next six years - (2010-10-24) 
Well House Manor Hotel - on plan for 2009 business guests - (2009-01-03) 
A lot has happened in a year - (2007-05-31) 
Three big events - TWSW, Business of the year and the police - (2007-03-03) 
Telling a story in different ways - (2007-02-20) 
Rail trouble forced me to buy hotel - (2007-02-07) 
Snagging - (2006-11-24) 
A tale of a wee wall - (2006-11-19) 
Before and After - Well House Manor - (2006-11-18) 
Where quality costs less - (2006-10-15) 
Open - (2006-10-09) 
Coming together. - (2006-09-29) 
4 weeks to go - (2006-09-11) 
From the Manor written - (2006-09-07) 
Fitting our bathrooms - (2006-09-04) 
Above the parapit, Well House Manor - (2006-07-28) 
Naming Rooms - (2006-06-24) 
Seeing the bricks for the trees - (2006-06-11) 
We can offer a room, but we can't operate on a dog - (2006-06-05) 
The eye - (2006-05-31) 
Planning a hotel refurb - an example of a Gant chart in PHP - (2006-05-14) 
Sympathetic development - (2006-04-09) 
Well House Manor - (2006-01-21) 
Hotel novelties - (2006-01-05) 
2006 - Making business a pleasure - (2006-01-01)
Some other Articles
Bath - a tourist city on our doorstepImage maps for navigation - a straightforward exampleIs Perl being replaced by PHP and Python?Course scheduling and Geekmas - are they traditions yet?Hotel, Melksham, WiltshireTo join an organisation?Dramatic Skys at LongleatForum help - a push in the right directionComputers, Brides and Cream TeasReporting on the 10 largest files or 10 top scores