We offer overnight (hotel) accommodation at Well House Manor - and we take pride in providing high quality rooms for business and leisure guests who are visiting Melksham. Many of our visitors "vote with their feet" and come back to stay the next time they're in the area. And many become our ambassadors, recommending us to their friends ... great news, since such recommendations are very honest - they bring in people for whom our facilities are just right
But, of course, we need to find new people / new blood in the first place - we need to reach the many, many people who'll be coming to Wiltshire without the benefit of advise from people who have visited before. How do we reach those people?
Ten years ago, and / or for a conventional hotel, the automatic answer would have been to go for an AA or RAC listing, to advertise in Yellow Pages, and to buy space in various books and publications about the area. That's no longer an automatic answer as times have changed - indeed, in our particular case, we have decided NOT to spend money on a rating system which would involve investing the majority of a thousand pounds a year to get and maintain the formal certificates. As we've only got five rooms and good occupancy anyway which is growing, we felt that the extra costs would have to be recovered over relatively few extra bookings, or from our existing customer base who are clearly happy with what we offer - so they wouldn't be getting anything more for the extra five pounds per booking or whatever it was. But we have read the "how to apply for a listing" documents carefully, learned what they look for, and seen if and how the criteria apply to us; we are not averse to spending something to meet customer needs ... in fact we have lovely new chairs to announce in a forthcoming article
How do we reach people? Through our ambassadors. Through letting local businesses know were here. Through an internet presence for our computer training courses, for which people come from far and wide. So it's a delight where our ambassadors rank us well on sites such as TripAdvisor ... "Well House Manor - a pleasure. As a long suffering user of hotels it was a great pleasure to find such a spacious well decorated hotel with immaculate facilities and very friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to any one who wishes visit the Melskham area."
Well House Manor - Business Hotel, Leisure Accommodation and Training Centre.
Metrics ... have a look and see if what we offer is what you're looking for!
* Five superb En-Suite rooms - all doubles / twins that we will happily let as singles.
* Blisteringly fast internet access (wireless and wired, all rooms) and large workdesks with plenty of power points.
* Public access computer, printing, copying and meeting rooms available.
* Early and late arrivals and departures welcome (advance notice appreciated).
* Single night stays welcome.
* Single occupancy price £85.00 per night, double occupancy price £95.00 per night throughout the year (2012 prices).
* Lower "contract" rate available for bookings of 10 nights or more.
* Price includes superior continental breakfast; we use fresh local products wherever practical.
* Early breakfast available during the week for business guests (early @ weekend by arrangement)
* Plenty of free parking within our grounds, yet just five minutes walk from town centre.
* Buses right outside to and from Bath; we can arrange pickups / lifts to / from Melksham station.
* We can advise on other public transport and arrange airport and other station transfers.
* All rooms no smoking, but we have sheltered smoking and seating available outside.
* Open daily for snacks, cream teas, fresh coffees etc; drinks are complimentary for residents.
* You are welcome to order in your evening meal from one of the many local restaurants that will deliver.
* Online booking [here]
- or book by phone to 01225 708225.
* Well behaved dogs welcome with prior notice at weekends and holidays.
* We are unable to accept residents under the age of 14.
* We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express without surcharge.
Hotel website / home page - http://www.wellhousemanor.co.uk
Trip Advisor page on hotel [here] (written 2011-07-23, updated 2012-11-04)
Associated topics are indexed underM401 - Well House Manor - Seeing how others do it 
More things to make sure that we do NOT do ... - (2013-05-18) 
A reminder of why we opened Well House Manor for our customers - (2013-05-17) 
Pushing down the advertised price, pushing up the total price charged. - (2013-05-08) 
The highs and lows of customer service - Cheltenham - (2013-04-03) 
Being an amateur hotel inspector helps me run a professional hotel - (2013-01-14) 
Comparing four VERY different places to stay - (2013-01-11) 
National TV - Melksham - 9th January 2013, Pre-alert. - (2012-12-27) 
The Xxxxx Guest House in Xxxxxxxxxxx - my stay reviewed - (2012-10-20) 
Should hotel staff sit on the toilet in the customer bedrooms? - (2012-07-02) 
Some traps it's so easy to fall into in designing your web site - (2012-06-23) 
Eyes Wide Open - (2012-06-06) 
Honesty and a friendly welcome goes a long way - (2011-06-25) 
Longhope Hotel - (2010-11-16) 
Feeding the Grockles - (2010-08-09) 
Twenty Questions - (2010-07-24) 
Monday night, Tuesday night - (2009-11-13) 
Not your cup of tea? - (2009-10-08) 
Sanity checking the price, and selling up to increase income - (2009-09-21) 
Floor to ceiling - (2009-07-30) 
A new place in pictures - (2009-07-28) 
Call in the professionals! - (2009-04-12) 
Hire Car, from Atlanta Airport - (2009-03-27) 
Launch of Melksham Food and Drink Festival - (2009-01-24) 
Quietly putting prices up - (2008-12-02) 
Lindors Hotel, near St. Briavels, Wye Valley - (2008-08-18) 
The Composting Cone Challenge - (2008-06-10) 
Comparing hotels - as a guest and from the proprietors view - (2008-04-01) 
New bathing idea for hotels from Hotelympia - (2008-02-20) 
Just one thing let the service down - but that is my memory - (2008-01-31) 
The wrong way to put up prices - (2007-12-05) 
From Sunday to Monday, from Melksham to the Balkans - (2007-12-03) 
The little gestures that can really count - (2007-10-27) 
Away or home - which do I prefer? - (2007-10-25) 
Maidenhead Coffee Challenge - (2007-10-02) 
Crystal Ball - How long do I need to be online? - (2007-09-18) 
Match the Bedroom to the Hotel - (2007-09-17) 
Wireless Internet Access at hotels - an update and some pitfalls - (2007-09-12) 
Kasteel Elsloo - Michelin rated hotel. - (2007-09-05) 
Plastic or China - (2007-08-12) 
Work and play at Well House Manor - Football and Shell Shortcuts - (2007-08-02) 
Arrival and Departure experiences - another hotel - (2007-05-26) 
The Psyche is all wrong. - (2007-02-24) 
The Wheatsheaf 2, The Bell 0 - (2007-01-09) 
Well House Manor and Beechfield House, Hotels, Melksham - (2006-12-29) 
CSL, KISS and RTFM - (2006-12-05) 
New Tape Librarian - (2006-05-28) 
Room for Octopuses - (2006-05-08) 
Extremes costs of getting on line - (2006-04-25) 
The on line booking experience - (2006-04-21) 
If its Sunday, it must be the Norland - (2006-02-23) 
Crazy Day-sies - (2005-12-02) 
Differing tastes - (2004-08-17)
Some other Articles
Wearing the new London uniformFrom Wiltshire to Weymouth on Sundays Standing ChallengeLocal Council leads bans on many activitiesWell House Manor hotel, Melksham - recommended to you by our customersGoogle +1 - what is it?Specification, Design, Implementation, Testing and Documentation - stages of a (Java) programming projectTurning bright delegates into bright and knowledgable onesDogs Legs on the DoglegShould we take sponsored adverts on our site?