Training Course pre-requisites
We provide public training courses in Perl, Python, PHP, MySQL, Tcl/Tk, Linux and other subjects from time to time at our Melksham, Wiltshire, England training centre. We welcome anyone who's keen to learn these subjects, and who is fluent in English which is the language we use during our classes. There are further technical pre-requisites on our advanced courses, which are detailed on the individual course pages.
In order to ensure the best of service to the majority of our customers, we do not accept public course bookings from students who we don't believe will understand the course (or who would require it to be run more slowly). We also refuse public course bookings from trainees who give us an indication that their prime intention of booking the course isn't to learn the subject that we're teaching. Our courses are quite intensive, and if we were to accept bookings from trainees with poor English and / or a lack of enthusiasm to learn, it would be a waste of their money and also it would have a detrimental effect on the course for everyone else.
If you're booking from the UK, or if you hold a passport on which you can enter the UK without a visa, and you're looking at this site and reading and understanding this text ... chances are that you'll be fine on our courses. Please do call or email if you're in any doubt, though.
If you hold a passport from a country for which you need a visa to enter the UK for even a short visit, we will welcome you on our courses if you are a fluent English speaker, but we cannot provide sponsorship in any way and we must ask that you obtain your visa before booking. When you book, you'll be asked to pay a 25% deposit and that will not be refundable if you're unable to attend due to Immigration or any other restrictions.
• We are about 100 miles (160 kilometres) from London and it is not practical to stay in London while attending our courses. There is plenty of local accommodation (see course joining page). Public transport is good, and we can provide advice and assistance.
• There are "tourist" things to do in our area. If you bring your family with you, there will be plenty for them to do (and we can make suggestions), but you should tell them that you'll be on the course from 9 to 5 each day and that you're here to learn.
• If you cancel your course, you WILL be charged the cancellation fee laid down in our terms and conditions; it's quite an expense for us to go through all the booking and confirmations, and we may have had to turn other customers away. If you are ill or suffer some other personal crisis, we will usually be able to let you postpone your booking to the next public course on the same subject even though that too would technically be a cancellation.
• You may print out the course descriptions from this website in order to support your application to go on this course within your company, or your application to others such as visa issuing authorities. Once you have booked (and once we have received your deposit if appropriate), we'll send out course joining details to confirm your booking. We do not provide sponsorships for UK visas, nor do we provide individual letters of invitation to attend our courses.
• When asking about a course, please tell us the subject(s) that you're interested in. If you're more concerned with the date, price and cancellation terms than the subject we're teaching, it's likely that our courses will be too intensive and specialist for you, and you'll do better elsewhere. We find that people booking for the date are more interested in having their employer pay for a holiday that learning, and we do not condone this practice.
• We reserve the right to ask trainees to leave the course if they are unable to understand and are holding others back, or for any other reason that we consider appropriate. In such circumstances, the full course fee would be payable. We have never had to exercise this right and would only do so as a last resort.
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 793803 • EMAIL: email@example.com • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho