This is a quiz - you can set a question master who will read out each question to a group, and after each question he or she who comes the nearest is the winner for that question.
All the answers were sourced at the web page locations given on 10th December 2006.
Sample What was the average price in pounds that houses sold for in Place Road, Melksham, over the last 2 years?
Answer - 346,488 pounds
1. How many dresses did Camilla take with her for her 8 day visit to the USA in November 2005?
Source http://tammybruce.com/2005/11/dinner_with_chuck_ and_camilla.php
2. Give the number of Brookside episodes through the life of the soap
3. What is the distance in miles from Melksham to its twin town Avon in France
Source sign in market place
4. The number of hits with a Google search for Bowerhill Villager on 9th December 2006
Source http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client= safari&rls=en&q=bowerhill+villager&btnG=Search
5. How many minutes does the 22:16 bus from Mitchell Drive, Bowerhill, take to reach the Northey Arms at Ashley (near Box)
Source http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/southwest/somerset/ timetables/timetable.php?day=1&source_id=2&operator= Somerset%20&%20Avon&op_id=23&area=&service=X71/X72 &routeid=898139
6. According to the census, what was the population of Melksham Without in 2001?
Source http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/community/getcensus.php ?item=Melksham%20Without
7. How many badges were gained and awarded to Bowerhill cub scouts at their May 2004 camp at Burbage?
8. What is the tidal range at spring tides in feet of the river Avon where it enters the Severn?
9. How many yards long is Whitley golf club (near Melksham)
Source http://www.golftoday.co.uk/clubhouse/coursedir/ wiltshire/whitley.html
10. How many issues of the Melksham Independent News have been published up to 7th Decemeber 2006?
Now that you're at the end of the quiz, you can select this link to see the same page with the answers completed!
And how about these for some extra Melksham information?
All answers taken from the URLs stated on 10th December 2006. We have no way to check whether these answers are accurate, or to guarantee that the pages won't be changed. But - hey - it's all good fun!
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 899360 • EMAIL: email@example.com • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho