Well House Consultants offer training courses in a wide variety of Open Source programming languages. Public courses run at our own training centre in Melksham, Wiltshire, England, and we can run private tailored courses to suit client needs at our centre, or on client sites.
Most of our subjects are niche, so delegates come from far and wide. We provide overnight accommodation in hotel rooms within our training centre, and you may book the course and accommodation as a single package, or come as a day delegate if you live within commuting distance or work for an employer who insists that overnight stays are made at a particular chain hotel.
Each Course runs from 3 to 9 times per year. Courses are all written by ourselves, lead by our own tutor, and limited to just eight delegates per course (public courses) so that the tutor has plenty of time to answer any questions that arise, and provide personal support during practical sessions.
Public Perl courses offered:
The Perl programming language
Perl is breath of fresh air - a powerful scripting language with a short syntax and an impressive range of facilities that make for quick and effective coding in applications from heavy data handling to web page interaction, and from report generation through to systems admin tasks. But with that impressive range of facilities, you get the ability to write code that's hard to enhance and maintain, just as you get the ability to write code that is clean and efficient. So this is a language that you really need to learn from an expert rather than self-teach.
At Well House Consultants, we run:
• A 5 day Learning to program in Perl course that covers programming and Perl fundamentals, the more powerful "core" structures of the language that are required in most applications, and some of the more common advanced topics. Suitable for both newcomers to programming and those with limited prior programming too.
• A 4 day Perl Programming course that covers Perl fundamentals, the more powerful "core" structures of the language that are required in most applications, and some of the more common advanced topics. Suitable for delegates with prior programming experience.
• An advanced course covering object orientation in Perl, database access, and handling huge data sets - Perl for larger projects
• A further advanced course covering Perl's use on the Web.
• Our Regular Expression Course takes you deeper into Perl's powerful string handling facilities - one of the features that's brought this language to prominence.
If you've a group of three or more delegates who wish to learn about Perl at the same time, a Specially Run Courses course can be arranged, and for larger groups we can also run a Private Courses course at your offices. Such courses are tailored to meet your requirements - please contact us to discuss the detail of what you need. With Perl, we also have a huge range of extra training modules for niche requirements, so private courses aren't limited in topics.
We use Perl ourselves as the data tool behind this site, and our daily update is written in the language. That's in addition to a number of contract and bookkeeping scripts we've written over the years.
Perl was written by Larry Wall, who's still very much at the helm today. A new version - Perl 6 - has just been released and there are major factors that will come into play as people convert or change Be assured that we're already well informed about these and our current training will guide you towards futureproofing your code
PH: 01144 1225 708225 • FAX: 01144 1225 793803 • EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org • WEB: http://www.wellho.net • SKYPE: wellho
PAGE: http://www.wellho.net/course/perl.html • PAGE BUILT: Sat Jan 2 18:37:22 2016 • BUILD SYSTEM: WomanWithCat